Who Can I Call When My Basement Floods?
Certified Disaster Mitigation Experts Are Ready to Remove Flood Damage from Your Plainsboro Basement 24/7
Basement flooding is almost an inevitability in most Plainsboro homes that have them. Statistics estimate that a whopping 98% of basements have experienced moisture damage in their lifetime.
If your basement is affected by flood damage in your Plainsboro property, SERVPRO professionals are available to help you 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year. This team is dedicated to keeping your home in a preloss condition free of odors, microbes, and floodwater contaminants.
Preventing Basement Sump Pump Flooding
There are several issues you can address in your home before flooding occurs to ensure that your basement sump pump can handle floodwaters.
- Faulty, damaged or obstructed sump pits.
- A malfunctioning inner float, which typically means there is debris stuck in the pump. Prevent this by keeping the filter and exterior grates clean.
- Overheated pumps, an issue typically caused by inadequate ventilation or clogs that leave the pump running without actually sucking up water.
- Undersized sump pumps, which can burn out quickly
- An old sump pump may no longer have compatible parts for repairs or handle as much water as a newer system. Older properties may not have a pump system in the basement at all.
SERVPRO’s Flood Damage Extraction Tools
SERVPRO techs have a wide array of water extraction tools at their disposal to address any size disaster. Both portable extractors and truck-mounted systems operate with three systems:
- A vacuum to suck up water
- A heating system for sanitation
- A pump system
All three are necessary for removing water from upholstery, but only the vacuum portion is needed for extracting water in most other applications.
SERVPRO of East Brunswick / Princeton Meadows serves the community with cleanup that is Faster To Any Size Disaster. When your home needs reliable disaster mitigation, you can
cleanup that is Faster To Any Size Disaster. When your home needs reliable disaster mitigation, you can call (732) 432-9800.