How Can Homeowners Get to the Bottom of Mysterious East Brunswick Water Damage?
Integrity and commitment to excellent customer service are why SERVPRO will not rest until we find the cause of East Brunswick water seepage.
Not all water damage in East Brunswick is easy to trace to a source. Obvious problems can cause significant damage, but have straightforward fixes that are soon in your rearview mirror:
- Burst pipes -- call the plumber and mop up
- Leaking roof from storms -- put on a new roof or repair existing flashing, decking, and shingles
- Overflowing tubs -- usually an isolated instance
What Is the Connection Between Exterior or Foundation Leaks and Your Gutter System?
Many people ignore the gutters and downspouts on their East Brunswick home, not realizing this neglect exposes their residence to the potential for substantial and expensive damage. On occasion, some homeowners grow weary of gutter clogs and remove the entire drainage configuration. What are the consequences of no or inadequate maintenance or removal?
- Rainwater fails to drain reliably through the downspouts, pounding and eroding instead encircling perimeter inches from the wood, stone, concrete, or cinder block of a home’s foundation.
- Clogged gutters lead to “waterfalls” that can pour directly down a home’s siding, eventually leaking inside and draining into the basement.
- Poorly insulated or sealed eaves adjacent to clogged gutters permit water to intrude into the attic, including the infamous “ice dams” signaled by picturesque icicles during the winter
Need to Arrange for an Improved Gutter System? Our General Contractor License is Why SERVPRO Can Offer More Than Water Removal and Structural Drying
Whether we recommend a quality subcontractor or manage enhanced gutters and downspouts ourselves, we want to eliminate recurring water damage for our residential customers. Gutters and drains should:
- Have the capacity to handle torrential rain running off all parts of your roof
- Be canted appropriately to direct the water flow toward the downspouts
- Ensure that water draining from the roof deposits ten or more feet away from your home’s foundation
Additionally, the ground immediately surrounding your home should slope down and away to prevent streams from infiltrating the foundation.
Twin desires to resolve current water damage and prevent future issues is why SERVPRO of East Brunswick / Princeton Meadows digs in to discover the reason for persistent moisture issues. Call (732) 307-9665 for a comprehensive consultation.